The Research Team
> Dr Justin Skowno, Research Group Leader, Senior Staff Specialist and Clinical Senior Lecturer
Justin's research interests include:
- Non-invasive optical monitoring of cerebral and vascular physiology
- Effects of routinely used general anaesthetics on neurodevelopment in children
- Physiological data acquisition and processing in high acuity environments
- Nitric oxide physiology in congenital heart disease and cardiopulmonary bypass.
- Cardiac output and perfusion monitoring in children
Please visit Justin's University of Sydney profile page for more information.
> Dr Jonathan de Lima, Senior Clinical Lecturer, University of Sydney
Jonathan's research explores pain developmental biology and he has a continuing interest in acute pain management, paediatric cardiac anaesthesia and nitric oxide physiology in congenital heart disease.
> Dr Andrew Weatherall, Co-Head of the Department of Anaesthesia, Clinical Lecturer
Andrew's research Interests include:
- Prehospital applications of non-invasive monitoring
- Virtual and augmented Reality in perioperative and periprocedural care
- Applications of 3D printing technologies to paediatric research and education.
> Dr Minal Menezes, Senior Research Officer
Minal's key research interest areas are cardiovascular anesthesiology, neuroscience in anesthesiology and using computing and simulation to study the effects of anaesthetics on these systems.
> Other research team members:
- Dr Neil Street
- Dr Margaret Perry
- Dr Gail Wong