A number of research studies are being conducted in the Paediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) into various clinical conditions and treatments administered in intensive care. We also contribute data to many collaborative research projects in paediatric intensive care across Australia and New Zealand, as well as internationally.
Current research project highlights include:
- Randomized control trial of nitric oxide on cardiopulmonary bypass to infants – NHMRC
- Markers of Low Cardiac Output Syndrome in children after heart surgery
- Neurodevelopmental outcome of infants following ECMO support
- The PHANTOM study: Near-infrared spectroscopy (NIRS) tissue oximetry for assessment of traumatic brain injury during retrieval
- Data linkage study of developmental and educational outcomes in children following PICU discharge