Our current laboratory research projects include:
- Identification of a subset of T cells that prevents autoimmune renal disease (membranous glomerulonephritis)
- Development of a vaccine that protects against membranous glomerulonephritis
- Expansion of regulatory T cells to prevent autoimmune renal disease
- Finding novel regulatory T cells in tolerant kidney transplants
- Identification of gene mutations in children with kidney tumours
- Description of the prevalence of kidney disease in Australia and New Zealand
- Testing of children for nephrotic syndrome using new techniques.