The CHERI Research Team
> Dr Belinda Barton, CHERI head, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Belinda is a registered psychologist who helps sick children with the cognitive and educational aspects of their condition. Treatment for many conditions can affect the brain and alter children’s ability to learn, and these effects can linger into adulthood. Research leading to the most effective cognitive and educational interventions is crucial.
A major area of Belinda’s work is the study of neurofibromatosis type 1 (NF1), where a cholesterol-lowering drug has been shown to reverse learning difficulties. She is also researching adults who survived childhood cancer, to see how their behaviour can affect their health, and is looking at the long term cognitive effects of children who have seizures.
Please visit Belinda's University of Sydney profile page for more information.
> Other Research Team Members
- Dr Robert Battisti, Clinical Psychologist, Long Term Follow up, Oncology
- Dr Jennifer Lorenzo, Research Psychologist, interventions for children with NF1
- Mrs Marianne Fernandes, Education Program Coordinator, Back on Track
- Mrs Donna Gurka, Education Program Coordinator, Back on Track
- Ms Sallwa Hourani, Education Program Coordinator, Back on Track
- Ms Trisha Donovan, Education Program Coordinator, Back on Track
- Mrs Scarlette Beggs, Administration Manager